Suicide attack in Swat kills two policemen
MINGORA: Two policemen were killed and five others were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself in police barracks in Mingora on Monday. DPO Waqif Khan told Dawn that a young man posing as a recruit and holding a police uniform entered the barracks at Mingora Police Line. He went straight to the wireless room and blew himself up.
Two ASIs, Toor Gul and Aanayatur Rehman, were killed on the spot, and five constables, Aziz, Nisar, Sardar, Ali Murad and Shamsul Qamar, were injured. They were taken to the district headquarters hospital in Saidu Sharif.
The DPO said that the legs of the bomber had been found at the blast site.
Sources said that there was no proper check on the entry of about 300 new recruits who were undergoing training at the Police Line.
Security was beefed up in Swat district after the suicide attack.
Meanwhile, security forces arrested about 73 suspected militants during a search operation in different areas of Swat, including Namal, Matta, Balasur, Ser and Teligram. The local administration announced curfew relaxation from 6am to 8pm throughout Swat.
The complete article can be found at Dawn News.