15 killed in Dera Bugti clashes
QUETTA: At least 12 militants and three Frontier Corps personnel were killed after fighting erupted between militants and security forces in Dera Bugti district on Saturday.
The clash took place after the security forces launched a search operation following an attack by militants on the FC personnel who were patrolling in the Toba Nokhani locality.
Inspector-General of the FC Maj-Gen Saleem Nawaz said that security forces later destroyed the militants’ camp.
Officials said that 17 people, including 12 militants and five security personnel, had been injured in the fighting in which both sides used heavy weapons.