Uch Shareef: 2-year-old dies from wrong injection
UCH SHAREEF: A two-year-old boy died after he was administered the wrong injection by a local dispenser on Sunday evening.
Syedpur resident Abdul Majeed of a local village brought his two-year-old child Abdul Waheed to the clinic of a local dispenser on Sunday afternoon.
“My son was experiencing severe pain in his left ear for several days and was crying constantly,” Majeed said.
Majeed said that the dispenser, Sherbaaz, did not even examine his son and instead immediately administered an injection to stop the pain. “My son’s cries grew louder after he gave the injection and within ten minutes he died in my arms,” Majeed said.
Majeed had taken his son for treatment to a government clinic in the area but the local dispenser Arif had deployed one of his subordinates Sherbaaaz on daily wages at the clinic.
Police have lodged an FIR No 14/2011 on Majeed’s request in the Fazilpur Police Station under Section 322 and Station House Officer (SHO) Fayaz Ahmed Khan said that the police had located and caught the criminal.