Naushahro Feroze: FIA begins inquiry into Watan Card scam
NAUSHAHRO FEROZE: Sukkur FIA has launched an inquiry against recently transferred DCO and DRO of Naushahro Feroze and a number of other officials over charges they had prepared concocted lists of flood-affected people and villages and received Watan Cards. Ghulam Rabbani Kalhoro, an old flood survivor, complained to the FIA that the then DCO Syed Zulfiqar Ali Shah in collision with District Registration Officer of Nadra and food and revenue officials prepared the fake lists.
The complainant also provided the agency the fake list, said FIA sub-inspector Nisar Ahmed who had been appointed inquiry officer to probe the scam. The official said that he had sent a letter to the EDO (revenue) of Naushahro Feroze to collect details of flood affected villages, people and Watan cards and other relief given to them.
The EDO had been directed to order taluka mukhtiarkars to appear before him on April 20 along with all documents, he said, adding that the complainant had accused some revenue and food officers of involvement in the scam but “let us see and proceed further.” DRO Abid Tanwri said that the allegations were levelled against the outgoing DRO Abdul Rehman Abbas.