Risalpur bombing planners held: DPO
NOWSHERA: The police on Saturday claimed to have arrested the planners of the Risalpur Cantonment restaurant bomb blast in which 11 persons, mostly soldiers from the Pakistan Air Force and Pakistan Army, were killed.
Addressing a press conference here, District Police Officer (DPO) Muhammad Hussain said the perpetrators of the Risalpur bombing were identified after thorough investigation. He said the hideouts of the militants involved in the heinous crime of bombing the restaurant were identified and a master plan to eliminate criminals from Nowshera district had been finalised.
The police officer said that a meeting of the political and religious leaders in Nowshera district would be called in a couple of days to devise a comprehensive strategy to maintain peace in the district.
Urging the residents to cooperate with the police, he said that a control room was established in his office to receive complaints from the people round-the-clock. He said the area police netted 90 proclaimed offenders and recovered 29 Kalashnikov rifles, 13 rifles, 70 guns, 182 pistols, two hand grenades and thousands of rounds from their possession in the last few weeks.