Haj scam case: FIA told to submit challan on 21st
RAWALPINDI: Special Judge Central Syed Akhlaq Hussain Shah on Tuesday expressed displeasure over the performance of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) after the latter failed to submit complete challan in the Haj scam case. The judge directed the agency to submit the document on September 21 when the case will be taken up for hearing again.
During the proceeding, former federal minister for religious affairs Hamid Saeed Kazmi was present in the courtroom. However, the judge took notice of the absence of former joint secretary (Haj) Aftab Ahmed and former director general (Haj) Rao Shakeel Ahmed.
The FIA officials informed the court that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had taken custody of Rao Shakeel to present him in another case in Lahore while the former joint secretary was admitted to a local hospital. The judge directed the FIA to present the accused before the court on the next hearing.
The counsel for the FIA informed the court that his client could not present the complete challan as the investigating officer had been replaced. He said after taking charge, the new official had launched the investigation and the challan would be presented before the court soon.