Karachi: 6 suspects nabbed
KARACHI: Following the armed attack on the office of a private TV channel and local newspaper, the Sindh Police on Tuesday claimed to have nabbed six suspects with weapons from Patel Para area. DSP Qaiser Ali Shah said the police, on late Monday night, conducted raid in Patel Para area and took six suspects into custody with weapons. He said five detained persons were Pakhtoon while one other belonged to Baloch community and added that they also recovered illegal weapons from their possession.
Moreover, he said the arrests were made from the stronghold of one of the ethnic political party but no political affiliations of the detained persons had so far been confirmed. He said all the arrested suspects had criminal records while two of them were rickshaw drivers. Further investigation was underway.
Meanwhile a case 296/12 was registered against unknown assailants under sections 324 and 334 of Pakistan Penal Code and section 7 of Anti Terrorism Act on the complaint of Fawad, who also got multiple bullet wounds in this attack. It is to mention here that the Recorder House, head-office of a private TV channel on late Monday night came under armed attack which left two persons injured.
One of the four unknown armed riders, who wore Shalwar Kameez and having beard, attacked the Recorder House with automatic weapon from the footpath of the Recorder Road, leaving two persons including an employee of Press, Jawad, 24, and a security guard namely Naseeb Khan, 28, injured.