Karachi: Bail pleas of four alleged kidnappers rejected
KARACHI: A judge on Wednesday rejected the bail applications of four men facing charges of abducting a one-month-old child last month. Rejecting the bail applications, Judicial Magistrate (West) Sang Dev said it would not be fair to release Khalilur Rehman, Siddiq, Ameen and Nafees, who had allegedly kidnapped the infant, Abu Bakar, from the Mochko police remit on October 26, 2012. The child’s mother, Naz, lodged a case and charged that the accused, along with three women, Hina, Rasheed and Sahib, had abducted her minor son. The accused said Naz had not returned Rs6,000 she owed them, and they had taken away her son in reaction.
An assistant public prosecutor (AAP), who opposed the bail applications, said that in a kidnapping case, the law did not permit the release of the accused on bail. He contended that the proof of kidnapping against the accused was placed on record, and that police recovered the child from the alleged kidnappers. The three co–accused have been granted bail by the same court.